A heinous crime and its aftermath are recalled from differing points of view.
- Commentary by Japanese film historian Donald Richie
- New high-definition digital transfer with restored image and sound
- Video introduction by Robert Altman
- Excerpts from The World of Kazuo Miyagawa, a documentary film about Rashomon's cinematographer
- Reprints of the Rashomon source stories, Ryunosuke Akutagawa's "In A Grove" and
- Akira Kurosawa on Rashomon: a reprinted excerpt from his book Something Like An Autobiography
- Theatrical trailer(s)