Independence Day (1996) +
Note: This is Alan's all-time favorite movie ever!
On July 2nd, communications systems worldwide are sent into chaos by a strange atmospheric interference. It is soon learned by the military that a number of enormous objects are on a collision course with Earth. At first thought to be meteors, they are later revealed to be gigantic spacecraft, piloted by a mysterious alien species. After attempts to communicate with the aliens go nowhere, David Levinson, an ex-scientist turned cable technician, discovers that the aliens are going to attack major points around the globe in less than a day. On July 3rd, the aliens all but obliterate New York, Los Angeles, and Washington. The survivors set out in convoys towards Area 51, a strange government testing ground where it is rumored the military has a captured alien spacecraft of their own. The survivors devise a plan to fight back against the enslaving aliens, and July 4th becomes the day humanity will fight for its freedom. July 4th is their Independence Day...
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, THX, Anamorphic, Box set
• Commentary by Roland Emmerich and Dan Devlin
• Theatrical trailer(s), TV spot(s)
• Multi-story option: Viewer can select original theatrical release or special edition release with 9 minutes of added footage
• Scene specific commentary by director Roland Emmerich and producer Dean Devlin
• Special effects commentary by Academy Award winners Volker Engle and Doug Smith
• Interactive Link to Download the Official, Never-Before-Seen ID4 Interactive GameMaking-Of Documentary: Creating Reality (30 min.)
• Production Stills Gallery, Story Boards Gallery & Concept Art Gallery
• Full 3-D animated interactive menu screens
• Original Biplane Ending
• Widescreen anamorphic format
• Number of discs: 2