Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) +
A 2 hour window of clarity that unflinchingly exposes the absolutely criminal and abhorrent atrocities that have been and are still being carried out by our own government. The film begins with a brief history of how this illegitimate regime stole the 2000 election from the rightful winner and people's choice, then Vice President, Al Gore. We then see how Bush spent most of his first months in office on vacation. Then on September 11th, 2001 Bush is given a chance to show his quality but instead sits lame as planes crash and buildings topple and burn. After overcoming his stupor, instead of going after known terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda and those responsible for the attack, he assembles his dark forces and begins the first machinations for the invasion and conquest of Iraq. Why Iraq? Because there's money to be made there for Bush family and friends and because U.S. imperialism has no interest in avenging those lost on September 11th.
Read my Review!
* Available subtitles: English
* Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
* "The Release of Fahrenheit 9/11" featurette
* "Iraq, Pre-War" featurette: The people of Iraq on the eve of invasion
* "Homeland security, Miami style" featurette: Footage of the old men who patrol the Florida coast lookng for terrorists as part of the homeland security plan
* "Outside Abu Ghraib Prison"
* Eyewitness account from Samara, Iraq
* "Lila, D.C.": Lila Lipscomb at the Washington, D.C. premiere
* Arab-American comedians: Their acts and experiences after 9/11
* Extended interview: More with Abdul Henderson
* "Condi 9/11": Condoleezza Rice's 9/11 Commission testimony
* "Bush Rose Garden": George W. Bush's full press briefing after 9/11 Commission appearance